Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Week 47 - Happy New Year!


Hey everyone!

HAPPY 2016! I hope that all you guys have a super sick year and that you will all stick to any goals that you set. 

So this week was good. Nothing totally new here in the office. We're finishing up our report for the month of December and that's really, really, big and scary but hey - I got this!

I love the temple
We did get to go to the temple this week! My compañeros convert got her endownments so we got go for that.  That was SUPER sick. I love the temple. I would seriously spend all day there if I could. It's just great. :) 

Hey, I heard Two Steps Behind by Def Lepard this week. I totally forgot about and missed that song so that was a little tender mercy haha. It was in a little chinese restauraunt and I moved right under the speaker because it was playing kinda soft. But yeah :)

I uploaded some pictures from some of the office staff. The darkest one (with his eyes closed) is my companion from Arizona - Elder Larsen. He's super chill and we really get along together. 

Elder Contreras - (will be my companion again in February)
Queso
My companion, Elder Larsen
I started reading a talk that is super duper good about bearing burdens and trials - and why we have them. It's called "But for a Small Moment" by Neal A. Maxwell. I invite you all to read it. It really opened my eyes a lot and made me really thankful for the trials I've had in my life. They prove that God loves us. Read it and found why :)

I just want you guys all to know how much I seriously love my mission. Don't get me wrong, some days it's super tough. And it almost seems like there's more of those days than the good days. BUT, the good days ALWAYS make the bad ones worth it. I really love the people here and I'm making friendships that I hope will last a long time. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. And through it, I know without a doubt that, we can really, truly be happy. I know that we have a Father in Heaven who loves and knows us perfectly. He isn't some abstract and far-away being. He is personal, perfect, loving and involved and is always aware of our needs. I know that Christ loves us perfectly too. He is the Savior of the world, and it's His message that I carry with me. I love Him with everything I have. 


Love you guys all a ton! Have a sweet week and be good!

Pura vida baby,
- Elder Stott 


Proverbs 23:13 hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment