Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Week 51 - Here comes Hump Day!! 1 Year Baby!!

HEY EVERYONE! 

Hope all had a super sweet week this past week because mine was super awesome! 

So first, we had our consejo de liderazgo! Or our leadership council meeting for the whole mission! It was super sweet! We talked a lot about diligence and the importance of making sure the little things get done. Even though I'm busy running the powerpoints, computer, mics and all that jazz helping President, I'm always able to learn a ton and feel the spirit very strongly!

Second, we had our multi-mission (with the San Jose Costa Rica Este) meeting with Elder Quentin L. Cook! He's a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. Just like the 12 Apostles that Christ had during his earthly ministry. Well, Elder Cook, being an Apostle, is a special witness of Jesus Christ - a very very high authority in the Church. He shared that we as missionaries are the message and that we carry the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He gave us an apostolic blessing including that all the desires of our hearts will be accomplished and that miracles will flow from our hands. I loved that, and he shared his testimony of Christ with us. I don't think I've ever felt the Spirit stronger and President Duncan (the area President of Central America) said after, that it was the most powerful testimony he's ever heard from Elder Cook. SO COOL! I know that man is called of God and that he truly is an apostle of the Lord. Jesus Christ is at the head of this Church and his leaders (although imperfect) are inspired men. As a mission, everyone had shoes shined and suits and everything. WE LOOKED GOOD ;) haha and everyone was early! So that was good too.


At the conference, I saw my beloved son haha :) I LOVE ELDER HENRY - I MISSED THAT STUD!  Pacific Northwest Boys!!


And lastly, we had a baptism of the little girl who likes to crush my hand - Mariella! She is the bomb. I was super stoked and so was she during her baptism AND she even talked to me a tiny bit!



And funny story about this Sister missionary: When I saw her, I knew I recognized her from somewhere but could not figure out where...So I went up to talk to her.  So this one time, at BYU during summer term, my buddy and I got a hold of a pineapple and we decided that we were going to share it with some girls. I know.  So we went to the other side of the campus to the girls dorm and went to a random window and knocked on it. Well they opened the curtains and we showed them the pineapple and motioned for them to come outside. Long story short, they did and went back and got a knife and we all ate this pineapple outside.  So...this Sister missionary asked if I remembered her which I kinda did... She said that she remembered that I was in the BYU gym a lot and that we ate a pineapple together once. And that's when everything came back! Man, I died! hahaha I totally forgot about the whole pineapple thing! I apologized for my strange-ness and then we got a picture together - so that was a funny memory. Small world.

There were a couple of sisters and an elder that I also talked to (from the East mission) that recognized me from BYU. It was pretty cool to see people that I knew and people that remembered me hahaha. 

I have a picture with my lil' gangster Santiago and I playing guitar. He's a savage! 


So, this week was sweet! An all-in-all good week. And, I will hit my year mark on Thursday - so crazy! It's gone so slow yet so fast. And I'm loving every single minute of it. I'm so thankful for every opportunity to learn and teach people about this gospel that I hold so personal and precious. I can truly say that I know that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ and that the same authority that the 12 apostles and prophets had of old. I love this Gospel and I love my Saviour. 

Thank you for all the support and prayers on my behalf! I love all you guys so much! Cuidense mucho!

Pura Vida,
Elder Stott over and out! 


- Elder Stott

No comments:

Post a Comment