Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 43 - 300 DAYS, and pork chops for dinner

Hey everyone! Hope this Thanksgiving week was SICK for you guys!

Here, I had a porkchop, and you guessed it! RICE AND BEANS! Woohoo! haha but man, rice and beans really fills me up now that I'm used to eating it every hour of the day haha. I really missed the turkey and gizzards (mom likes to eat those - me too). But there's a family here that invited me to eat a late Thanksgiving dinner - they've been to the states so they like Thanksgiving food! ME TOO :) haha

Things are good here in Hatillo. People are starting to blast-off fireworks like crazy - that's what's big here in CR during Christmas time. I'm more used to the quiet and chill Christmas at home with the family but hey, I don't think I'm in Kansas any more. Time to get used to that. And I had my first tamale of the Christmas season (I've had them before) and guess what? Still not a huge fan. haha but it's food - I'll eat it.

Speaking of food, I'm going to eat both pig and chicken feet here soon. And I'm gonna eat something called a tepezcuintle which looks like a rat and tastes like a pig - cool huh? haha and it doesn't have a tail either. I've eaten so many weird meats here. Iguana, gorrobo, a weird mountain goat thing, a fish that tastes like beef and a bunch of stuff haha. So yeah, it's pretty cool.

Finally got to put on the bloody mask from the movie, Scream. Mom never let me dress up like that for Halloween... until now hehe ;) 

Still trying to find ways to get big again - everyone that knows me always says "elder Stott you're getting skinny man" hahahahaha... SHUTUP! I know haha. Maybe if I eat a bunch of tepezcuintle I can get beefed up... We'll see. Or I'll just eat a bunch of turtle eggs!

My comp is still yodeling with the guitar. Man, I realize every day how short he actually is.. We measured and I'm more than a foot taller than him but he's totally a man at the same time... He shaves like 5 times a day otherwise he'll grow a duck dynasty looking beard :)

We had an international day of service here in Costa Rica. I got to mow a lawn of an elementary school...... with a machete haha. TICO STYLE! Chopeando, as they call it here! And I really suck at it.. But I love getting the opportunity to serve others. That's what the true love of Christ is.

Since it was Thanksgiving I just wanna say some of the things that I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for so many things in life: food, football, college football, guitar, piano, singing, my mission, my friends, my chance to study at BYU, the people I meet here in Costa Rica, my cat, the USA, the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, the authority we have to perform saving ordinances that we do in the Lord's Temples, the opportunity to repent, and many other things. The list goes on and on. But none of that truly compares to how thankful I am for my family. I'm so thankful that my parents were sealed in the temple for time and all eternity and that I can be with my family forever. Not just in this life. Nothing matters more to me than them. I love you guys :)

Hope everyone has a great week. Be safe and smile! 

Pura Vida, 

Elder Stott   

No comments:

Post a Comment