Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 40 - A new companion, sacrifice week, gangs and pigeons

Hey everyone! Todo bien en los Estados? Hope everyone had a great last week!

Things are good over here in sunny Hatillo! 

My companion (who I was training) had changes! He's going to open an area in Heredia. I have a new comp here in Hatillo! His name is Elder Irias and he's from Honduras too! ANOTHER CATRACHO.. haha. He's literally like 4 feet tall. But he seems pretty cool - apparently he can play guitar and sing and stuff so I might have some fun with him :) He's younger than me in the mission but he's old.. He's 25 years old. So I'm the senior companion of a 25 year old... sick! 

Not much else happened this week! We had sacrifice week where we got up at 5 and left to go work at 8 in the morning (usually we leave at 12 or 1 depending on lunch). So I'm super tired but we found a boat load of people to teach and a couple of really good families! So I'm excited for that! 

This week I saw some straight up gangster from El Salvador. They were from the 18 gang - I know because I could tell by the specific tattoos and jerseys they wore. One of the members that we were with is from El Salvador and he was scared haha. He said these guys chop people to pieces if they don't do whatever they say. We're protected as missionaries though so it was cool.

A freakin pigeon dropped a bomb on my shoulder in San Jose this week... Stupid.

Hopefully pictures come through this week! 

Well, hope everyone will have a great week this week! Be careful and smile more! 

Pura Vida,

Elder Stott

Me and Rofino
Rofino's daughters
Mi Abuela - I have several


No comments:

Post a Comment