Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 41 - Mariachi man

Well howdy folks! Hope this week treated you guys well! Costa Rica is still pura vida!

So this week was a little bit slower than normal.. 

Elders Salazar, Tox, me and my new comp, Elder Irias

I'm starting to get used to my companion. So a little more about him: He's a convert from Honduras. He has almost 2 years since he was baptized. HE'S 26... haha my companion is literally a man-child. He's almost 5 feet tall but his needs to shave like 2 twice daily... So I'm the senior companion of someone who's more than 7 years older than me haha. He has this kinda high voice and he sings mariachi music. Sometimes it's entertaining but sometimes it gets old because all mariachi music sounds the same to me haha.  

Our area is doing pretty good. We're trying to find people who are really wanting to progress in the gospel. Sometimes we have to ask investigators if they really want us to keep coming by and that helps them think if they really want us to pass by and to progress in the gospel. 

We're going to have a family home evening with a really good family of 4 with some members tonight so I hope everything goes well with that! They seem really good and they have a real desire to learn.

It's weird here because people don't really celebrate Thanksgiving so everyone is starting to put up Christmas lights already.. It's weird because we're in the middle of NOVEMBER.. haha at least they're not playing Christmas music before Christmas! That's the worst..

Well, have a great week! Be safe and enjoy the nice fall weather - we don't have any here.. haha 

Pura Vida,

Elder Stott :)

1 comment:

  1. Elder Stott sounds fantastic! Thank you for updating his blog. What a funny kid, I am sure the members adore him!

    ReplyDelete