Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 17 - Cats and Dogs...Grateful for my umbrella

Hellooooooo family and friends! 

How's everyone doing? I hope all is well in my paiz (place) :)

So this week (like every other week) was a great week! 

Brittany's baptism
First, I HAD MY FIRST BAPTISM!!! Here name is Brittany and she's 9 years old. She's super smart and super kind. Her mom was an investigator for a long time but never got baptized (that's a long story) but her daughter really really wanted to get baptized. She learned everything super quickly and she is sure that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church :) Hahaha on Friday, when she was coming into the font, it was really cold and there was a bug in the water. So it took some encouragement for close to 10 minutes to get totally into the water haha. But after that, she was super happy and had the biggest smile on her face. The Spirit there was super strong, and I'm glad to know that I can help make a difference in someone else's life! :)

dulces de cabra - goat candy :)
Second, I tried goat milk candy. It was REALLY good and was like a caramel thing. It was kinda salty too but I might buy some more... haha we'll see!

This week, I met a lady who has 15 cats. Hahaha and they all are super funny looking and LOUD! She is what you would consider a "crazy cat-lady" in the States. My favorite cat was this Himalayan (Sophie would die if she saw it haha). Its face looks like it was smacked by a semi-truck. It is completely flat hahaha and there is this other one that looks just like the Grumpy Cat. It was pretty dang funny.

So I tried this breakfast soup thing that an Elder in my District always makes. It starts with chocolate corn flakes, fruit loops and then oatmeal. Then, you pour the milk in. After, you crush up these little cookies to put on top and then, (because it definitely needs something more) you put powdered milk on top! BUT, you don't mix it. You eat it with the powdered milk like it is. Surprisingly, it was pretty dang good. Its really creamy and sweet and, the flavors mesh well which is strange. You might have to try it sometime haha but I think I'm gonna stick with my 4 egg omelette ;)

Bug of the week
This week, I literally fought off a dog with my umbrella. I was walking back to the apartment one night and this dog started to follow us. It was a pretty big stray Labrador and it started to bark and chase me. Haha I ran for a little bit, but then, remembering that I am a stud, I turned around and fought it with my umbrella. HAHA the dog fought for a while but in the end, it was no match for my sheer strength and spirit. So now, I shall be known as the conqueror of stray dogs and cockroaches hahaha. Pretty funny huh?

It's super funny to come to San Jose because you will always see a couple of gringos marching around, looking like a bunch of tourists haha. They always yell out to me "GRINGOOOOO!" and I always yell back in Spanish to them. They're usually super funny to talk to and they all have cool stories to tell.

Alejuelita
This could be my last week in Alejuelita, because I have almost two changes (each change is a month and a half) OR I could stay for longer. I will figure out this Sunday night if I need to pack and leave on Monday.. We'll see!

I'll try to do some crazy stuff this week to take pictures of.. Alejuelita is kinda ugly so there's not a whole lot of cool stuff to take pictures of haha. 

Hope everyone will have a great week!

Be strong and be kind!

Pura Vida papi!


- Elder Eh-Stott :)

No comments:

Post a Comment