Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 20 - Patience is a virtue...

Hey everyone, Elder Stott here writing in the tiny internet cafe here in San Jose! 
Making tortillas

How´s everyone doing? Hope all is well :)

So this week again, was a really great week. The days went by super flippin slow but the week went by fast. That's usually how it goes here in the mission. 

I was stoked that I have nothing to write in my "Appliance or Animal of the Week" section! WHAT A FLIPPING BLESSING :)




Alejuelita squad
So I´m getting along a little better with my companion. Hes a little immature but that's just something that Ill get used to haha. He does have a lot of really cool music and its nice to hear something other than the Mormon Tabernacle Choir every once and a while. He still likes to ask a lot of questions but I'm working with him on that. We actually have the same amount of time total in the mission and he's my District Leader so I'm helping him learn how to be a leader as well (my last comp. was a savage DL)

We're going to have 2 baptisms this week. We had to reschedule Amarilis' baptism because the ward wasn't really prepared. So that will be on Saturday and on Friday, we have the baptism of Jean Carlos. Hes 15 years old and he's super awesome. He actually started coming to church with his friends who also aren't members. He really progressed fast and wants to be baptized and it's no surprise that we were stoked! :)

Mi favorito
We had stake conference this week and President Wilkinson was able to come! I don't have very much time with him being my President but I have SO much respect for that man. He's done big things and he's going to do big things as well - I wouldn't be surprised if he was an Apostle someday. He gave a really good talk about being a Pastor and an Administrator and being balanced between the two. He invited all of our investigators that were there to be baptized and the Spirit was SOOO strong. He reminds me a ton of Elder Holland and he can singe your eyebrows a little too. I always leave with a new energy to be the best missionary I can possibly be - it's always a much needed recharge!

There's not a whole ton to write about this week because nothing else too exciting happened haha :) I'm very thankful to be here and to be serving our Heavenly Father's children each and every day. It's truly a blessing in my life. The mission has by far been the toughest thing I have ever done but it's been the toughest thing that I have ever loved as well :)

Thank you for everyone's love and support and like always, it's much needed!

Until next week,
Pura Vida!

- Elder Stott :)

No comments:

Post a Comment