Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Friday, February 27, 2015

Week 3 - It's a Small World & Chocolate Milk

Josh sounds like he's doing great!  A little foreground to his following letter.  This week he was asked to give a prayer at a devotional.  The District President's wife (Sister Snow) thought she recognized him, but couldn't figure it out until they announced "Elder Stott".  She recognized the name and realized he was her "missionary grandson"... 25 years ago, she and her husband served as Mission President to Josh's dad on his mission in Seoul West, South Korea.  Doug served in the mission office at the time, and was very close to them.  Neat connection!

Elder Stott is loving the MTC, but like many missionaries, he's ready to move on from the classrooms and get to the serving in Costa Rica.  He'll be at the MTC for 2 more weeks - He leaves for Costa Rica on March 18!  Thank you for your prayers, emails, letters and packages - he's feeling the love and support! 

Here's his letter from February, 26:


Hey everyone! Como esta todo el mundo? Hope life is treating everyone well!

I'm afraid this week was quite similar to last week and will probably be so until I hit the beaches and jungles of beautiful Costa Rica.

Thank you to everyone who has sent me mail and packages - I think you all are trying to make me fat but I love it.
Josh with District President and Sister Snow

This week I met my Dad's Mission President.  Pretty cool huh?! I met him after I said the opening prayer for the Sunday Devotional in front of 2000 missionaries. It was a fat-load of people to pray for.  I also met a couple of missionaries here at the MTC who's parents were missionaries with my dad.

I'm continuing to become submerged in the Tongan culture with my Tongan friend. Apparently I'm the whitest Tongan he's ever met so that's pretty sick.

So a little story about my temple trip this morning. I got dressed and headed to the temple for our 7-o'clock session. When I got inside and got ready to change into my white clothing, something smelt kinda weird and funky. I opened my bag and smelled inside to see what stunk and just about threw up. Everyone in the locker room laughed because I dry-heaved for about 5 minutes straight (ha ha ha). Turns out I had left a half-gone chocolate milk in my bag. But it didn't spill or color anything so that was super great (sarcasm). So I had to rent clothes and douse my clothes in detergent today. Yay.

We made a spank machine for my Norwegian Elder's birthday and had a go-pro video of it going in and behind him hahaha. He was like "I'm Elder Rui, and this is the Spank Machine" I died haha :)
If anyone wants a cool talk to check out, check out "The Character Of Christ" by Elder David A. Bednar, one of the 12 Apostles.   http://www2.byui.edu/presentations/transcripts/religionsymposium/2003_01_25_Bednar.htm

Hope everyone is enjoying life and if you want to truly feel happy - go out and serve someone. :)

Until next week,

Pura Vida

- Elder Stott

No comments:

Post a Comment