Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Week 2 - Elder "JoshtheStott"

Hey family, friends, and everyone!

Hope everyone is doing great and hanging in there!

At the temple with my crew.
Things at the MTC are almost exactly the same as last week haha. They say the weeks are days and that the days are weeks and that is so true it's scary. I'm finally all unpacked because we never really got time to unpack.

I'm loving my companions, district and zone even more! So I got called as a Zone Leader which means that I'm in charge of about 30 missionaries. The leadership in a mission at the MTC goes (from smallest to biggest - but all are important)

Companionship (2 or in my case 3 missionaries)
    District (about 10 missionaries)
        District Leader (1 for each District)
          Zone (made up of about 3-5 Districts)
              Zone Leader (Me, Elder Casperson (what a boss), and Elder Gallaway)
                  Branch Presidency (The Big Dudes in charge)

We played a prank this week on a room where we took their mattresses and left a room inspection (a real one that we erased) note saying their "mattress privileges" were gone for 2 weeks. They FLIPPED and it was hilarious. They left their door open so they learned to lock it now haha. We were just helping them out in learning their lesson ;)

I'm shredding the volleyball game. That's my favorite part of the day (other than going to bed)

I met a Sister this week and found out her parents will be the new Mission Presidents for Costa Rica East!  So I could possibly be in their mission when it splits! How cool is that?! She said I would love her parents and that'd be cool to say "hey I know your daughter" haha!

Lookin G in the classroom...
One of my Tongan Elders (Elder Vakilahi), a couple other Elders and I were all doing the Haka pretty dang loud in the bathroom in the dorms the other afternoon. It was sick because I got to be the lead dude that yells first. The building manager came in and got kinda mad because we were being loud (but personally I think he just got really scared).

So because I went to BYU, there is a ton of people that I know in the MTC and my whole zone thinks I'm famous.. Every time we walk somewhere I know someone and I or they say hi and everyone in my district or zone says "wow is that person number 137 that you know?". And it doesn't help that a guy came up to me and asked if I was "JoshtheStott" from Twitter the other day. No clue who this guy was but I guess he knew me!

I'm still known as Elder Peque("n" with squiggly thing)o even though I beat this other companionship in an arm wrestling contest. They had two people wrestling me. 

My testimony is STRONG.  Haha.

So a couple people were asking about my mailing address for packages and mail so here is my address for the next 2 weeks: 

ELDER JOSH STOTT
MAR17 CRA-SJO
2009 N 900 E UNIT 141
Provo, UT 84602

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for, mailed, emailed, and just simply helped me out! It truly means so much to me!

Pura Vida!

Elder Stott

No comments:

Post a Comment