Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Week 1 - New to the MTC



Josh's email from Thursday, Feb 12, 2015
Got to go to the temple!
Hey family and friends!

Hope everyone's doing well! This has been such a crazy week!

So first, I got to the MTC and got two companions. One is Elder Smith and the other is named Elder Holmes. They're both incredibly different than me but I have truly learned to love them like brothers. The first day, we were taught completely in Spanish and it felt like my skull was going to burst, but I got through it obviously! hooray!


A little Matrix - mastering the wall backflip
So in the daily life of Elder Stott. My day starts at 6:30 am where I shower, iron my clothes and get ready for the day. We are in the cafeteria and eating breakfast at about 7:15. Now the food is not disgusting but I would not necessarily recommend it either. I learned quickly (took a couple hours haha) which foods I should eat and which ones I should stay away from.

Everyday I have about 9-12 hours of class where I will teach someone who only speaks Spanish, I'll learn Spanish (weird order huh?) and then I'll have personal and companionship study. It is SUCH a long day but they go quickly in a way and the next thing you know, its your first P-day or that you have multiple days to catch up in your journal.

Everyday we have gym time where we can play soccer, volleyball, basketball and other gym stuff. I personally like to play some slam-volleyball and let-off some steam so to speak. There's also a small gym with some dumbbells and (worthless) cardio-stuff haha. It's too bad because the dumbbells don't go that heavy (the heaviest are 60's) so in order to get a good workout, I have to bust out a ton of reps haha. 

If you haven't already, check out "Dear Elder".  (Dearelder.com)  It's this thing where you email me through this website and the mail office prints it out and I can pick it up in an envelope. So I can get real letters or Dear Elders everyday and I can write letters everyday and send them. I can email once a week so it's nice to have letters and packages in between! Trust me, any and all letters/packages/Dear Elders/and emails are SO appreciated. It's like Christmas and can really turn a day around!

All my friends like to call me Elder Pequeno (or Elder Small) funny huh?

I don't have very much time to write emails but I have plenty of time to improve (I think like 2 years or something) So I will write more next week!

Love you all,

Elder Stott (Elder Pequeno) 

No comments:

Post a Comment