Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 103 - Thai Food - A Spiritual Experience

Hey fam bam! 

Hope everyone is hanging in there in the States or Worldwide! 

Well this week was pretty great! First of all, it was Week of Miracles. We had divisions like the whole week which was because I got to work more with other Elders from the zone. I stayed here in the area to work here. It was pretty great and cansado tambien, because we did service the whole week. I dug a huge hole 3.5 feet wide and 6.5 feet deep. That took forever haha. And then the next day, I moved a ton of wood and had to get all the nails out too. That sucked haha. And then lastly, we helped a part-member family move and they had tons of heavy stuff (or so it seemed haha). So that was all really fun. Not really, but it was good to serve :) 

Great news! Haha so in divisions, I met this nice Asian lady in the street and talked with her for a while. Turns out she's from Thailand and she knows perfect English (and very little Spanish) but she married a tico and moved here. Well, the best part is that she has a THAI FOOD RESTAURANT here. So for sure, we went and I had my first Pad Thai in more than 2 years, and it was pretty good. It was almost a spiritual experience for me haha. Good stuff.

(remember to click on the pictures if you're on a mobile device)


Things with Giovany are going pretty good! (The dad in the part-member family). He offered me some liquor so I took the opportunity to teach a little about the Word of Wisdom (which is completely inspired and true by the way) so that was pretty great. He's progressing pretty fast too so I'm getting excited :) 

FINALLY got my companion to put on his new tie that mom gave us for Christmas. The problem is that he loves it too much (he loves that it's Michael Kors) and I had to fight him to wear it to church. He was scared to get it dirty haha :) 


Other than that, things are great here! Loving my time in San Ramon, even though it'll be short-lived hah. Thank you everyone for the love and support! 

Be strong always! Molon Labe ("come and take (them)") or come and get it :) It's a spartan saying haha.

Love you guys! 
Pura vida! 

- Elder Stott  


Yeah, it's BIG

Eating healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment