Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 89 - The Cats Came Back

Well hey fam bam!

What’s good!? Haha I hope all is great up in the States!

Well this week was pretty good! Nothing to complain about!

Haha well something that I bet none of you has ever done! I swept ants out of our freezer! Yup. (Good stuff, I know) So here in CR there are ants everywhere always. If you leave food out, they'll find it. Well, when they find food the swarm everywhere and actually they're kinda scary because they bite really hard. But if you spray them, they run around and get poison everywhere in our kitchen. So, I found out that if you put them in the freezer, they all die, and none escape! Now you know! And after, you just sweep em out! Done deal.

As far as teaching, this week was great. We actually had Week of Milagros so we were able to teach lots of people this week. Actually, an hermano from church that's been inactive for years came who lives far away en la Cruz! Well, he has a little girl (Naomi) who's 10 and who want's to be baptized so, we're going to have a baptism this week! Hallelujah! She's really cool - I'll make sure to take pictures when we go to their house tomorrow. They live like an hour and a half in bus where it's super green and cool and everything - I'll try to take pictures there too!

Also, our feline friends came back and this time there was 4. But we finally got them to leave haha.

As for food, I'm still into smoothies. My favorite is OJ, banana, spinach, pineapple and chia seeds. It's my breakfast now! Good stuff!

Things are good here! I'm loving the mission with its good days, not so good days and everything in between! It's really a blessing to be out here! I know that the Lord blesses us immediately if we are obedient and resist temptation! I like this part from Elder Holland's 1999 talk: “Don’t give up, boy. Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead—a lot of it—30 years of it now, and still counting. You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come.”

There are many good things to come! Love all you guys so much!
Keep the faith! The church is true!
Pura vida!


- Elder Stott
The Calderon's son, wearing my name plaque

Chino y Nacho

Chino drew this - of me in Guanacaste

No comments:

Post a Comment