Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 88 - Sunsets and Smoothies

Hey guys!
Hope all is well state-side and around the world!
Things have been pretty great down here in beautiful Costa Rica! Lot's of pretty sunsets here! I usually don't take too many pictures outside because honestly, my area is not very pretty - but, I do what I can!



This week went pretty well! I had divisions here in my area with a new elder who's having some problems with missing home and the language. It's pretty tough being a new missionary and especially leaving straight-out of Highschool! Going from living at home to living alone in the mission is a HUGE difference, but it can definitely be done! He's a really really good guy and I actually had lots of fun with him! Lots of advice and encouragement - that's what I love about having the opportunity to serve as a leader. It's an opportunity to serve and lift others rather than exercize power or to lift myself up. I learn so much - I love it!
The cats came back but this time, there's 3! The mom always comes to feed them and then leaves so we're like baby-sitters. It's been a long time since I've babysat and the worst part is I'm not even paid!
Well, for part of the work, things have been pretty good as far as investigators. We've been finding and meeting lots of new people to teach, including a family of 9 that like to listen and learn - I'm hoping that there's progress there! We've had to leave other investigators for a while but it's to find others who are willing to make changes in their lives and progress! My saying as a ZL and missionary is that "It's all a process!" haha but sometimes it's frustrating because the process can be really slow. Just really have to have a lot of faith!
Elder Stott is now a smoothie-making machine! My favorite is spinach, banana, orange and chia smoothie! It's really good! Fills ya up and without saying too much, really cleans you out too! haha and as far as cooking, it's a process ;) Hey did you know that loofah's actually grow in Costa Rica??

Today Chino and I are planning on eating some sushi - hopefully we find a place with some good deals - I'll take some pictures there too!
Well, life is good here. Stressfull sometimes but good! The mission has been the hardest thing that I've ever done! Dan Gable (a famous wrestler once said, "Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy." But my version would be, "Once you've served a mission, everything else in life is easy". haha but I really love it here! It's crazy to think that the end is somewhat near but at the same time, I try not to think too much about it! It's going to be hard to leave the people and country that I love so much!
I love this Gospel and I love my Savior!
Thanks everyone for the love and support!
Vivo y dinamico! Keep the faith!
 

- Elder Stott

No comments:

Post a Comment