Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 60 - Another Year Older...

Hey everybody! 

Hope y'all had a great week!

Mine was pretty sick!

So first, had my 2nd Bday of the Mission! It's so crazy to think that next birthday, I'll be celebrating with the fam... too soon haha :) My comp got up super early and made me some pancakes for my birthday breakfast in bed (family tradition) and we also went out to eat later. 


Presidente came to our Zone Conference on Tuesday and he took us all (22 people) to McDonalds haha. It was the first and last time I ever had a birthday in Mickey D's haha but it was pretty cool. I turned bright red when the little ticas that work the counter brought up a little sundae with candles and sang to me hahaha. And I felt sick the whole day after because they gave me double everything.... haha TOO MUCH food.  It was a pretty dang good day - I feel pretty old too now that I'm not in the 10's anymore.... :( 


Also for my birthday, I got to teach a really, really humble family. They gave me a pork rind, some beans, and bread...and they live in a tin house and don't have all that much, but I felt really thankful and humbled by their kindness. I took a picture with them too.


Well conference was WAY AWESOME! I loved all the talks about the temple and the family! Elder Uchtdorf's talk about the family and marriage was super funny too. I loved how he asked if there was really a perfect girl out there, that if she'd really be interested in us haha. And then Elder Holland's talk was sooooo powerful... It gave me shivers. All the apostles are inspired men that I know are all called of God. Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet today for the church and for the whole world. I invite anyone who was able or didn't watch conference to select just a few talks to read or listen to, I promise you'll feel the Spirit like I did :)

A link to Elder Holland's talk.  Please watch it.  IT IS AWESOME.
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04/media/session_5_talk_11/4829903593001?lang=eng

Things have been good here in Santo Domingo. 10 investigators came to watch Conference! THAT'S SO MUCH! Usually like 3 or 4 is normal but we really were able to a miracle in our area. President told us both that we came to pick up Santo Domingo because it's been really struggling for a while. We've struggled for a while too but we're now beginning to see the blessings of diligence, hard work and faith. So that was cool!


Well, hope you guys all have a great week! Be safe and remember who you are!

ANNNNNND, happy birthday shout-out to my favorite oldest little sister Mallory! It's super scary to think that she's gonna start driving. Glad I'm gonna be far away while she is still learning ;) Love you tons Mall! 

The church is true!

Pura Vida,
Elder Stott 



1 comment:

  1. Great birthday and wonderful week! That cat picture!!! <3

    ReplyDelete