Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 61 - A Baptism and The Phone Call

Hey guys!

Hope all went really well this week!

GUESS WHAT - THE DRY SPELL HAS BEEN BROKEN. We baptized this week :) It's this guy that we've worked with for a long time and his name Giovani. And he's kinda strange and super awesome at the same time. He went to church for months before he finally decided to get baptized! I was so stoked and he asked a recent convert to baptize him which was even cooler! So that was a great Saturday! He's the one without a mustache haha :)


 Also, one of my favorite ladies here (I call her my mama tica) got a super super cute dog named Jack - he's a shitzu and looks like a bear haha.


We are teaching this family that are progressing like at a medium pace but they're awesome. They've got three daughters and one of them is blonde (they say 'macha' for blonde girls and 'macho' for the guys) so everyone calls me "ayyy macho!" haha but anyways, she LOVES us and begged to take some pictures with us too so we got a photo shoot there! She's a cutie!


Not much else to write about this week. But there is sacrifice this week which will be super duper cool. I'm stoked :) I'll probably burn myself again haha.

Well, thanks for the prayers and good thoughts! Hope everyone is doing great! 

The Church is so true.

Pura vida and good vibes,


Elder Stott :)

From mom:  A funny story from this week.  Due to holidays and 3 missed delivery attempts, Josh still hasn't received his birthday package.  I got the number of the mission office in San Jose so that they could track it down before it ended up lost or in a holding cell in the Post Office there. The Elder who answered the phone spoke limited english.  I tried to explain who I was and what I needed help with.  He told me he was the only one in the office, but that he would get me a number for someone who could help.  I thought it would be another missionary who spoke english.  I called, and when they answered the phone I just heard spanish mumbling in the background.  I said, "Hello?  Who is this?".  Then the response..."MOM!! YOU CAN'T CALL ME HERE!!".  I about fell off my chair...and then stumbled to find my words.  I quickly explained what had happened and that he needed to get to the Post Office on Pday.  The entire conversation lasted about 25 seconds.  BUT IT WAS AWESOME.  An accidental tender mercy...  One more month until we get to Skype with him for Mother's Day.  I will survive :)

1 comment:

  1. Mom you can't call me here....HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete