Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 99 - Baptisms for Christmas!

Hey everyone! 
Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas like mine! 

Well pretty much the best Christmas present I could receive was 3 baptisms this weekend - and they got confirmed on Christmas day. It was SOOO cool because Luis (this punkyish kid who's 16) brought dress pants and a white shirt and we lent him a tie. He looked really good :)

We had a Christmas party with a couple other zones together so it was fun to see old friends. Every zone had to do a skit about Christmas and we did a funny nativity - I was Joseph and I couldn't believe Mary was pregnant "explain to me again? So an angel comes to visit you, and BOOM you're pregnant? I don't buy it!" haha everyone (including president thought our skit was pretty funny) :) And we ate some turkey! Adrianna was there so she gave me a big ol' turkey leg :)

We also ate some Papa Johns as well for a Christmas Eve lunch with a couple of other missionaries! But I've had SOO much pizza for these last couple of days so I'm going to take it easy there haha. And today, we had dinner at the Calderon's.




I did have changes yesterday/today so this'll be fun! Haha it's my last change in my mission and I had to pack up and go to a new area for a month and a half haha... BUT it's pretty sweet because my comp is Elder Garca - a Guatemalan that I've been good buddies for a while so there's no worries there. And my area is called San Ramon and it's part of Alajuela - the best part is that it's super chilly here (huge contrast to San Roque) so I'm going to be enjoying the cooooool weather haha! 

Pictures are all on Elder Alfaro's camera so I'll try to get those to you next week when he sends them to me.

And best of all, I got to talk to the family. I LOVE THOSE GUYS SO MUCH! Everyone is so much older, taller, and different...but at the same time, exactly the same. AND Shoutout to Momma Stott for NOT CRYING! YES - 22 months in and she's finally got it down! And now I don't have any more calls left.. So next time it'll be in person! 



Well, thank you everyone for the kind wishes and love! I can feel it all the way down here in Costa Rica 4365 miles away! I love you all and hope that everybody has an amazing start to 2017!

Pura Vida!

- Elder Stotticus!!! 💪

A family from St. George, UT came to visit and sent this pic to my mom

No comments:

Post a Comment