Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 83 - A Bomb For Mom :(

Hey fam and friends!

Hope everyone is doing flippin great! Because things are great here too!

I’ve had a little bit of a cold going these past couple of days but it’s all good!

Well this week went really well! We had a zone conference and President came all the way out here to check things out. What’s cool is that he was really really happy with how the conference turned out – he said it was very spiritual and very energetic! After we all went out to eat – President’s treat ;) 



The next day we had our early morning meeting with the Stake President (and owner of a really good Tico soccer team), the Stake Presidency, and President Laboriel. Those meetings are always sooooo cool because it feels like a giant CEO meeting (business owner, general authority, public government leader, and Elder Stott…. Hahaha I’m the odd-ball there)

Fun fact: I heard the song “Winds of Change” by the Scorpions but they sang it in Spanish – not mission related at all but it’s a cool song! This week I figured out that one of my favorite drinks here “Pitahya” is actually dragon fruit. It’s a cool looking thingy and tastes super good! The drink that I don’t like is passion fruit – that stuffs freaking nasty… Another fruit that’s super good is the sugar apple, its super soft a yummy – good stuff! 

Dragon fruit

Well this week we ran all over the place visiting and meeting new people. It’s weird here because it pours and then the stops randomly so the weather here’s like a box of chocolates…  Our investigators are all doing pretty good! We met a super sweet family that were totally going to go to church but the dad had to go to work. They’re super sick so hoping that I’ll have some good stuff to share this week about them – cross yo fingas! Haha

Well I’m doing good too! Lots and lost of work to do with not very much time! 

Well good news everyone! After talking with President a lot lately, he asked if I’d extend my release date from December 28 to February 9, so long story short, I’ll be out for a little more than 2 years! It was kinda tough to think about because I already had lots of plans for when I was going to come home in December, but I’ve realized that a lot of times, my plans aren’t the Lord’s plans. I've learned that lesson a lot of times here on my mission. I know that everything always turns out just fine.

Well, I love all you guys so much! Thank you for the love and support!
Pura vida!


-          Elder Stott!  

No comments:

Post a Comment