Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 78 - A New House and a Fancy Couch

Well howdy folks!
Well this week was a pretty crazy week!
1. So first, we had a consejo de liderazgo (leadership meeting) with all of the 9 Zone Leaders in the mission in San Jose. It was really cool because you can just feel how inspired President Laboriel really is and all of his advice. I got to see a bunch of friends and old faces because now I know all of the leaders and barely any missionaries - it's weird to be in the older group of the mission now! But cool at the same time - except that everyone tells me I'm old... I still have a lot work to do!
2. We moved houses! Our new house is huge and it has a couch with two big lazy-boy chairs which is pretty fancy. Yeah, I drink my cantaloupe juice while I take numbers from the zone in that chair, I'll send some photos of that this week. haha
3. I BOUGHT STRAWBERRY PROTEIN. Not very interesting for you guys but I like it... it was pretty exciting haha. I have lots of good workouts too and now Elder Vorwaller is getting into the grind too! Pretty fun :)
Not very much else happened this week...And I promise promise promise to take more pictures this week, I'll carry my camera with me and everything. Today I'm playing basketball and a bunch of sports so I'll send pictures of that and everything today too!
Just wanted to let you guys know how much I'm loving my mission. I miss my family, friends and everyone and a couple of other things but at the same time, I don't want to leave this country that I love so much. I love the ticos, I love Spanish, but I love teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to ticos in Spanish! It's really a joy everyday to be able to be here and help others. I've learned that attitude is everything. The mission is SO hard so you have to look for the bright side of everything! Abraham Lincoln said something along the lines of, "You can see that roses have thorns, or that the thorns have roses" And I really really like that. Complaining never helps. Instead of excuses, we should really look for solucions!
Love you guys all so much! Take care and go out and make someone's life better and look for the roses!

Pura Vida
- Elder Stott
One of my favorite quotes for you guys! Please ponder it! 

"Unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives."  
- President Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment