Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 73 - Happy Quatro de Julio

Hey guys! 

Happy 4th of July! I am really really REALLY proud to be from the United States. Enjoy the freedom that we have! I sang the national anthem this morning with my American Flag tie :) Very patriotic! 

So this week was pretty good! We hit up price-mart this week to buy all our food! Last month we bought a ton of sugar and junk so this month we bought tons of veggies (I got my V8, chia seeds, and of course HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS BABY!) so I'm really stoked for this month. Ever since I've eaten with the abuelos, my stomach has been more sensitive to anything that's not straight veggies or meat so we're trying things out. But my stomach problems aren't that bad - just sensitive! 

We had to leave that mom who had lots of questions because she wasn't really looking to make any changes in her life. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is exactly that: changes and new beginnings. I feel really sad because she has a lot of potential and she just doesn't seem happy. I know that Gospel of Jesus Christ can change that but sometimes we have to open our hearts for it. I know she'll accept the Gospel later in her life, I did all I could and testified of the only person I can testify: our Savior. I love that Man so much. 

Things as a District Leader are really good! We're getting better little by little because progress seems to always be slow but steady in the mish. I love it because I get a more in-depth in the lives of other missionaries and try to help them out. The most important thing on my list is to make sure they know I love them! 

This coming week is changes - I really hope I don't have to leave Heredia because I love it here! It's a paradise and my comp is super sick! I love the branch here and everyone - it's going to be hard when it's time to leave. We're going to have a BBQ with grandpa today so I'll send pictures next week! 

I finally got my package after a 5-hour customs battle haha. This is the first time they freaked about candy, saying that I needed permission to get it - and I couldn't just leave the candies, it's all or nothing. So I had to go to the office of health to get a lawyer's stamp and then finally got it! Don't worry about it - Costa Rica is dumb sometime. Stupid stamp. Pictures of the package coming next week!

Life sometimes hits us really really hard and especially when we don't necessarily feel prepared for it. But I know that there is someone who is always looking out for us. He suffered every temptation, sickness, pain, feeling, everything. He knows how to help because he carried it all by himself FOR US. I love my Savior so much and I've really come to appreciate how close I've come to Him. He's truly become my best friend and my older brother. I love Him and am so thankful to help others come unto Him and to share in His love. He always offers us peace, comfort, happiness, love, and forgiveness. No one is ever too lost to be found and changed by His love. All we have to do is let Him. I know and testify that He lives and lives. Through Him, we can return to our Heavenly Father. 

Thank you guys for all the love and support! Keep those prayers coming!

Pura Vida! The church is SO true!


Elder Stott

Tres Leches for Kevin's Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment