Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 28 - Ch ch ch ch ch ch CHANGES!!

Hey everybody! 

Hope all is well over there in the EEUU (United States of America in Spanish)

Well a lot has changed for me here in the mission but more about that later!

So this week we came by to Tatiana's house to talk to her about her baptism and everything and how she felt and feels. After she told us about how awesome it was, we asked Elieth if she wanted to get baptized this passed Saturday. She said yes, and that's a HUGE miracle because a while ago, she really had no interest in talking with us at all. We had a couple of lessons with her but she didn't really seem to care enough. So we were super stoked to hear that she wanted to be baptized. We came back the next day (Friday) to interview her and she passed. BUT, she said that she wanted to wait at least a month to prepare more (even though she was more than prepared). Needless to say, we were really, really bummed... :( We had another lesson on Saturday, and although it was a super spiritual lesson, she still wanted to wait. The rest of that day was really hard for me and my companion.  It was tough and confusing because we knew that this was a miracle from Heavenly Father but we were confused because it was getting put off. Here's where it REALLY was a miracle. Sunday morning we were getting ready for Sacrament Meeting and I was playing the prelude music. My comp came up to me and told me that Elieth wanted to be baptized that day. I didn't believe him and told him to stop joking around haha... But he was telling the truth! So I got to be a part of this miracle-baptism that day and because of it, I was able to be a part of a baptism every week while I was in Cañas! :)

The other big thing that happened was today! So we got a call last night that I was having changes. I was getting transferred! I'm going back to my old Zone in La Sabana again! I was so flipping stoked! Then they told me that I'd be training a new missionary, I didn't believe them. AND, I really didn't believe them when they told me after that, that I was going to open a new area at the same time. All I thought in my mind was "oh crap" haha. I've heard that opening an area is REALLY difficult and that one of the most important "positions" in the mission field is training. So we'll see how all this goes. I'm stoked and nervous at the same time. Well, I'm here in San Jose with the Assistants to the Mission President.  We are waiting for him to interview all the new missionaries and assign them trainers on Wednesday night. So, I'll let everyone know who my new greenie companion is next Monday. Please pray for me haha :)

Other than those two things there's not much to write about haha

Thank you for all the support and prayers - keep it coming! :)

Pura Vida!


- Elder Josh Stott :)

Me and my Papa (trainer), Elder Mejia before he heads home

Me at the Arenal Volcano

 
Racing with my companion.  Afterwards, I found out that he played on the National Soccer team for El Salvador.  He is wicked, wicked fast.  haha



No comments:

Post a Comment