Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, July 20, 2015

Week 24 - The shirt off my back

Hey whatsup fam!

Another week just flying by - feels like just yesterday was Monday haha. 

This week was a lot better than last week! 

So first, I had divisions with a missionary in Liberia on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning - one of the HOTTEST places in Costa Rica. It was flippin hot and dusty. I got pretty burnt but I had a pretty great time as well - I learned a lot! I also met up with the Medic for the mission and her grand-daughter gave us money! She found 10,000 Colones on the beach and wanted us to buy lunch which was super sick! She gave us a little more than 20 bucks so we went and got milkshakes :) The Lord likes to bless us in little ways :)

We had another baptism this week! His name is Bladimir (and yes, it's spelled like that because a "V" here makes a "B" sound so I guess it makes more sense to put a B - who knows, Ticos and Nicaraguenzas are strange with their names sometimes haha) but he is SUPER sick. He is always super understanding and has a real desire to be better and learn about the gospel. He's super relaxed and "pura vida" - or chill :) He has become a really great friend and I love to visit him.

Haha, it's something random, but I love to ask people how I old I am here. The usual answer is around 25 and they usually don't believe me when I tell them 19. They say it's because of my "cuerpo" or becase I'm bigger than them... who knows, it's pretty funny :)

Hey, this week I had Iguana again!!! Its called a Garrobo, and they're massive. This time it tasted different AND better than the Iguana. It tastes like carne or beef and was super tender and tasty :) Mom is gonna kill me again but hey - now I can tell my kids all the weird things I've eaten :)

Weird things always happen to me in my mission... This week, a guy who had been drinking a little came up to me and asked if Gringos think that they're better than the Ticos. I told him that like Jesus, I'm trying to love everyone so, no. He then took off his shirt and told me it was a gift. I told him thank you and that I really appreciated his kindness. Hahaha after, he told me that he wanted my shirt and tie - which I told him that I couldn't trade. He snatched back his shirt and yelled in my face that I was a terrible and prideful person and drove off on his motorcycle. Haha I don't know what it is, but drunk people seem to always follow me and want to talk to me. God loves all his children exactly the same - the drunk crazy motorcyclist too & so do I haha :)

We had an awesome opportunity this week to have a conference and organize a Stake here in Gunanacaste! We're a STAKE now baby! The area Presidency of Centroamerica (the big-whig Seventies) and my Mission President were there. I have a lot of respect for my president and I know he's going to change history here in Costa Rica. He has a ton of energy and told me that I was doing a great job here in Guanacaste! He really is great.

Remember that God love all his children equally but does not have equal trust in them. Take a moment everyday to think to yourself "Am I worthy and dignified of the Lord's trust today?"

Thanks for all the emails and love and prayers!

Pura Vida! Ush!


- Elder Stott :)



No comments:

Post a Comment