Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 13 - A Baptism and a Bimbo Jersey

Thanks for tuning in to Elder Stott's Weekly Report!

Feliz Cumpleanos to an Awesome Tico!  4/22
This week was great! haha

First off, I still don't like papaya and I don't think I ever will haha

Second, I'm getting peanut butter and quaker oatmeal packets this week! HECK YEAH! Haha they're both super expensive but my cocinera has a membership to PriceMart (pretty much Costco) that has American stuff for cheaper and bigger, so I'm super stoked for that!

Me, my companion Elder Mejia and Elder Navas  4/27


My investigators are all doing pretty good. They all have troubles with following up with their commitments.. So we're working on that. This week, we found a guy who lives in the poor part of my area. We told him that we are representatives of Jesus Christ and that we felt that we needed to share the Gospel with him. He said that we didn't feel that but that God commanded that we visit him :) It was pretty sick. 

Tres Baptismos!


I baptized someone this week. She was an investigator of the other Elders but for some reason she wanted me to baptize her - we still haven't figured out why.. haha but the baptism went great and she and her 2 older sisters were baptized too.

So something funny here in Costa Rica is that everyone likes to give me nicknames. And they all are famous characters or actors that are: 1. Blonde, 2. Muscular, and 3. Good Looking or a mix of any of the three ;) haha I've been called: Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Johnny Bravo, Clark Kent, Super Man, Bane, Captain Kirk and John Cena hahaha. Well thank you everyone hahaha - it's pretty funny

So I have a confession to make. My mom told me before my mission, that we should buy a jersey of one of the 13 soccer teams from Costa Rica that says "Bimbo" on the front (a bread company) and I was like "NO WAY" and now...... I'm going to buy one soon.  They're super popular here haha!


 
So I found a scripture that I really like this week: 1st Nephi 18:2 And it talks about when Nephi was building a boat. And he says in it that because he built the boat in the manner that the Lord commanded, the boat was not built in the manner of men, but of the Lord. I'd like to think that the boat symbolizes our lives. If we construct our lives and live them not in the manner of men, but of the Lord, we will be blessed as well :) I know that this is true.
 
Hope everyone's week goes well!

Pura Vida!

- Elder Stott :)








1 comment: