Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 12 - A huge relievement :)

Hey family and friends!

So, first of all, I'm not sick anymore! Por fin! (Finally!) So thank you to everyone's prayers and wishes. Looks like they worked :) 

So this week was great! I went to the doctor on Wednesday and he said more or less "Welcome to Costa Rica - you're all the way better" which was a huge relievement. They're still no 100% sure what it was because the test I had has a 50% chance of coming back as a false negative (haha that really isn't a great test at all huh?) but the antibiotics I had worked and they were for a really bad infection that you get through animal contact. It was probably something I ate or something... I don't really want to think about it hahaha

This week we had a lot of great lessons! The gangster that we have been teaching wants to be baptized and so does a family that we have been teaching for a long time. So this week we set a baptismal date with 5 people. For a long time we have been looking for new people to teach and finally we received some references. I know that the Lord blesses us after the trial of our faith.

Haha in church yesterday, I tried to play a hymn for sacrament meeting. But the thing was that it was a hymn that we don't have in English. So I played the introduction and I thought it sounded great but turns out, when the congregation started singing, I was completely SLAUGHTERING the song haha so the chorister (the person who leads the music) stopped me in the middle of the song and we changed the hymn to "Come Follow Me" - the easiest song in the whole flippin book haha. I thought it was really funny and so did the ward..

Elders Mejia, Stott, Dunyon and Navas  4-9-15
So my Spanish is coming along really well. I'm finally starting to understand what people are actually saying and I can communicate (more or less) what I want to say. The thing is though, and it's kinda funny to me, is that people here say that they speak perfect Spanish. HA - not even close. People here slur their words, they whistle at the end and almost everyone cuts-off the end of almost everything they say. So, I'm still getting used to that.

Haha. This week, I heard "Love on Top" by Beyonce (yes, I'll admit, I really really like that song) in the street. And I started to dance and sing but my companion stopped me because people were stopping 
in the street to watch the crazy gringo haha.

So it seems like everyone is telling me I'm skinny now. I hate it haha.  BUT, they also say I'm more handsome now haha

Well, this week wasn't very interesting but I'm finally feeling better which is great! And I can finally eat the rice and beans again (yayyyyyy).

So I hope everyone has a great week and I will update you guys again next week!

Cuidese! (Take care) and Pura Vida!


- Elder Stott :)

No comments:

Post a Comment