Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 70 - A Wedding and Singing Soprano

Hey guyss!

Well whatsup over there stateside? Lots of heat?? 

Costa Rica has been really messing up my bearings with seasons. Down here, it's technically "winter" where it's a little bit colder and rainier so they call it Winter.. And then I get confused when people send me pictures from the states and it's all summer-y haha until I remember that Costa Rica is kinda weird that way.

Well this week was SICK because we finally got Manuel hitched! It's been more than 3 months working with them and it all came together this Saturday! Funny/Ironic because everyone back home seems to be getting married too... hahaha but yeah, it turned out really good. My musical number went well except that I came singing an OCTAVE higher than I had planned (yup, I was nervous) so I had a cool falsetto version of the hymn. Also, the lawyer who did the wedding was a really really good friend of mine in Alajuelita (my first area) so I was super stoked to get to see him. He's the one with the beard. Good stuff! 



A video of me playing and singing, "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus"




Well, I'm getting skinnier again because my stomach hates me for some reason! Not sure what it is, so I'm sticking with fruits and veggies. More good stuff! haha 

This week coming up is Semana de Milagros (before it was sacrifice - it's still the same thing haha) so we'll see how it goes. Pretty excited for my District - we're gonna kill it.

Special shoutout to my bro Dillbean for graduating from good old Glencoe! Headed to BYU too here soon! Proud of you man! Keep that Stott name clean and tear it up!

Also, today is P-day so that calls for good P-day socks. I Love Stance socks. 




Well, thanks for everything guys! Thank you for the prayers, the love, and everything. 

So, sometimes, here in the mission, you feel like you're not very good, or you're not doing much, or you even begin to doubt why you're out in the first place. Even though those thoughts pass through every missionary's mind (including mine) I just want you to know that I LOVE what I'm doing. I used to feel like I'm missing out on stuff at home. And it is true that I miss everyone, but at the same time, I couldn't be more thankful to be out here. I love my mission, I love Costa Rica and I love my Savior.

Pura vida! The church is true guys!


- Elder Stott 
Cinnamon rolls at Casa de Rodriguez


No comments:

Post a Comment