Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Week 55 - "Super duper stressful"

Hey everyone!

Well this week was super duper stressful... Pretty glad that it's over but all in all, it was a good week.

So first, the reason why it was stressful: Consejo de Liderazgo (leadership meeting). So I have to do a ton of number crunching, calling, verifiying, and a bunch of stuff for all the mission leaders in the mission. It usually takes about a week (From Monday to Friday) to get everything done (and that's working all day on it). And if there's any mistakes, my head goes on the chopping block - so that's cool. haha.

I'm literally running around everywhere making sure that everything is good. I got calls from the States, Argentina, Columbia, and Guatemala. I still think it's pretty cool that I can understand and communicate with them in a different language.. Speaking of another language, I downloaded the Book of Mormon in Portugese so I'm hoping that I can pick some of it up because the language is SO cool! Elder Jarvis (Trevor) is learning it too - we're trying to come back tri-lingual haha :)

Also, President asked me to write sheet music for the mission hymn. The only thing that I had to work with was a mp3 of vocals and someone playing simple chords on a piano. So that took forever and I had like a day and half to write the music and try to put it in a program but I think it turned out well - President likes it so that's good. I'll see if I can slap that baby in here, we'll see if it'll work.

Investigator update:
Y - she's still doing good. Having a little trouble with the guy that she used to live with - just a little drama and tears there. But she is really excited to keep moving forward to the point where she'll be ready for her baptism. Still struggling just a tiny bit with smoking but we're working on that.

R - Still kind of a strange dude but he really likes learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He's always willing to try something new and to keep his commitments to read the scriptures. We're just working on getting him to church.

C - a guy that has a BOAT LOAD of HARD questions but I love it. He really keeps us on his toes. And his questions are sincere so that really helps. He told us that he would be coming to church with us this Sunday so I'm really excited for that. Hoping for some big things with him because he's just a really good guy looking for some change in his life.

Well this week, I'll be finishing the baptism report and helping out with legal stuff for the Elders and Sisters. ALSO, I'll be driving the Hilux here soon if I pass the drivers test. Since I failed the permit test in Oregon 3 times, I'm not too sure.... haha but I promise I'm a good driver!

No update on weird food yet. I'm fighting to try to get a hold of a mountain rat/pig that tastes super good, or so I've heard. haha 

Well, thanks for all the updates for everyone and the prayers. It's good to hear that life is treating everyone fairly well. Keep hanging in there and remember that you're a child of God with heavenly potential.

Love you guys!

- Elder Stott

No comments:

Post a Comment