Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 37 - Incense, Chicken and the Guitar

Hey everyone what's up?! 

Hope that life is treating you well, really missing the TRUE Fall season. We just have boat-loads of rain and mud and water and stuff. I'm now used to wet feet. But hey, welcome to the mission!

So this week was pretty good! We've worked a lot in the most dangerous part of the most dangerous part of my area. It's called Sagrada Familia or Sacred Family. Most of the houses are tin or plastic and there's a lot of pintas - or gangsters- walking the streets. One guy was chillin in his van smoking marijuana and had a gun that he tried to hide when I walked by. I just spoke some slang and he spoke back - so now you could say we're chill haha.

Serenading mi compañero
Things are going good with me and my comp. We're getting to the end of his training and he's still got a LONG LONG way to go but we're going, step-by-step haha. 

I've finally gotten used to the food here now and sometime.... I kinda.. crave rice haha. Not really, but it's pretty good. I bought a bunch or brown rice and chicken breast and veggies. I'm gonna try to eat better and get a really good work-out routine in - I REALLY miss working out :( haha but I'll get everything back sometime! 

Hey, this week we have a big multi-zone conference with President Duncan - the President of Central America and a big-whig 70. I get to do a special musical number with 5 other missionaries. We're gonna sing the mission hymn (it was written for only our mission) acapella. It doesn't have sheet music or parts so we had to make our own parts and it sounds REALLY good. I'll make sure to get a video of it! 

Me relieving some stress :)
I've been playing a lot of guitar here and I love it because it really takes my mind off the stress that you have in the mission. It can really eat ya alive if you let it. That's when I just get some incense, cook some chicken and play guitar haha :) 

Well, hopefully I'll have some cool experience to write about this upcoming week. Thank you everyone for all the prayers on my behalf - keep those suckers coming! haha



Love y'all! 
Pura Vida

- Elder Stott 

No comments:

Post a Comment