Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week 36 - Gotta get your protein!

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone is enjoying the pretty fall weather and the cool air - something that I honestly miss a lot! I have PLENTY of rain though haha and sun.. Tends to fog up my glasses a tiny bit.

So things are good here in Hatillo! I'm loving to be able to have 4 missionaries here! The work is a whole lot easier and we have more time to focus on smaller parts of the area - it's really a blessing for me.

Yesterday, Jose Perez got ordained to be a Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood and he'll bless the Sacrament next week. He'd asked that I'd ordain him too which was super special for me. I've seen the gospel change and bless his life as well as the life of his family. The gospel of Jesus Christ is meant to bless families - we have the chance to be together for ever, what can be better than that? :)

I got to FINALLY try turtle eggs this week! I'll try to attatch a video but here's how you eat them: You tear a hole in the egg, dump it into a little glass with some tomato, lemon, salt and then you drink it. I had 5 because hey, they're a good source of protein so why not? ;) I'd pay for that a little later with an upset stomach the next day but really, I think that was because I had a soda, bread and a bunch of other dense stuff. And no, I DIDN'T HAVE DIARRHEA, hahaha but my stomach did hurt a lot. So, if you decide to eat 5 turtle eggs, don't drink soda or eat bread the next day (along with many other things). The eggs look exactly like ping-pong balls and if you imagined those balls soaked in water - that's what they feel like. They kinda taste a little gamey but it's mostly just a glob running down your throat haha.



This week I've been getting good at playing and singing hymns in a park and inviting people to come to church. Nobody came to church (other than our normal investigators) but I'll keep trying. I had a big group listening and recording but I didn't get to take a picture of it :(

Well I hope everything has a great week this week! Really enjoy this time of year - don't take it for granted!

Love all you guys - keep praying and reading your scriptures! 

Pura Vida

- Elder Stott :)

No comments:

Post a Comment